When you need a little Christmas, any time of year,
I have some Care and Presents, some Love and Hope and Cheer.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Countdown Continues...

Hello Friends! Well, I'm a little behind again. As we get closer to Christmas I will be getting busier and busier, but I will try my best to keep up with my posts! (For the seven or eight of you who actually read them, lol)  So, without further ado...

Day 59 - Try something new. Anything. Want to taste a new flavor? Try a color you always thought would be too daring! Pick a new route for your evening walk. What does this have to do with Christmas? I'm so glad you asked!  Most people have traditions at Christmas, which is good, but sometimes we feel like we can't alter those traditions without the sky falling or something. We need to push ourselves to expand our world and look at things differently once in a while. Take...oh...Christmas trees for example. (You knew that was coming.) Most people are content with having the same artificial tree they had last year, or strapping that cut tree to the top of the car and having it in their house for a while.  I'm certainly not knocking tradition, but how about we think about something new?  Try a living tree!  At least think about it. Check out livingchristmas.com and just think about it. A little note: our new and improved site should be up and running on Nov. 1! So you can just mull it over in your head until then. I love mulling, don't you?

...or you can do a tree dance like Mr. Tree!

Day 58 - Make up your own elf dance! Have fun! Blow off a little steam, or if you don't have any steam, just get some exercise in a fun way. Get some photos of yourself and go to  http://www.elfyourself.com/. Be silly, because this is the time of year to do it. 


Day 57 - If you haven't done it yet, it's not too late to do a little purging. Go through a few drawers, the closet, the garage, wherever things have collected. Take stuff you don't need to your favorite charity like AmVets, or Goodwill. You will be helping yourself have a less cluttered existance, and help others at the same time. Win-Win.

Day 56 - Make sure you have some Halloween candy for Thursday night. If you haven't done it yet, you are lagging! I just got mine yesterday, who am I to talk? I am a little more in tune to Christmas though, so that's my excuse, and I'm stickin' to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment