When you need a little Christmas, any time of year,
I have some Care and Presents, some Love and Hope and Cheer.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I is for...

"I'm dreaming of a GREEN Christmas..."

What? Did you really think I'd say "white" Christmas? What am I, crazy? (Don't answer that.)  I live in California, and don't get me wrong: I love snow. I like to visit it once in a while, and then go back to my neighborhood, 30 minutes from the beach, where it's considered cold if the temperature dips below 60. What I'm talking about here, however, is a different kind of green. It's more the eco-friendly green. It's the planet-loving, tree-hugging green. 

I is also for IDEA. 

People lately have been coming up with some great ideas to keep this world human-friendly for years to come. Sure, we can keep going the way we are: allowing waste to collect in landfills and the oceans, and depleting our resources. The world could last for a long time, but would it be a nice place to live? I'm thinking not. Scotty Claus didn't think so either, so he had the idea to start The Living Christmas Company. He's hoping the idea will catch on. 

Now before this post gets way too preachy, I found some other great songs that start with "I".

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
I Saw Three Ships
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
I'll be home for Christmas
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

So keep singing, and keep thinking. Maybe we can put our ideas together and make this a truly green Christmas, or white, if that's what you prefer. Merry Christmas!


Care'n Presents



Some information from:  http://xmasfun.com/lyrics.asp



Photo: pathtogreen.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment