When you need a little Christmas, any time of year,
I have some Care and Presents, some Love and Hope and Cheer.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

G is for...

G is for GREEN!! 
...and while, to quote a famous frog, it's not always easy being green, there are a lot of things you can do that are fairly easy. Just recycle a few things now and then. Try to conserve resources. Plant something. Start small, and after a while it will be second nature. 
On a more literal note, green is a lovely color. Being an elf I see a lot of green...clothes, shoes, hats...but one of my favorite green things is a tree. 
No, really...it is. I'm not just saying that because I work for Scotty Claus. I love trees. I love the way some of them smell. I love how there are so many different types of trees. I love that people and trees have this great trade off. We breathe in oxygen and give off carbon dioxide; and trees (and other plants of course) take in the carbon dioxide and give us the oxygen that we need,
(...and there's our science lesson for today, folks, hehe).

Another great G word is Gifts. Every year The Living Christmas company tries to donate trees to charities and special programs that bring Christmas trees into homes and places that might not otherwise be able to have one. Most times the best gifts aren't under the tree. Sometimes it is the tree. Sometimes it's the love someone gives whether there's a tree or not, and whether it's Christmas or not. 
So like I always say (even in August) Merry Christmas!!

Care'n Presents






photo: en.wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment