When you need a little Christmas, any time of year,
I have some Care and Presents, some Love and Hope and Cheer.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

T is for...

Wow, it's been awhile since my last post I think. We've been getting busy at the workshop! Orders are beginning to come in. Yes I know it's only October, but our trees are special. Once you go Living Christmas, there is just no substitute! I know you may be thinking:  T is for TREES, but when have you known me to go for the obvious? Well, okay besides that time, and the time before and...you're missing the point!
So what pray tell, am I offering you as my T word? Easy. TIME.
There are things so much more important about Christmas that you won't see just anywhere. Forget about what to buy your Aunt Bessie or your second-cousin Joe. Yes, we all know people who need things: a young couple with a baby could use baby clothes or maybe a friend lost their job and could use a dress shirt for interviews. For the most part though, there are a lot of people out there that have more than enough. What they don't have is time. Unfortunately this is not something you can buy. I'll tell you a secret though...are you listening very carefully? (or reading, that would be more accurate.) You can make time. It's not always easy, but it is possible. The funny thing is that when you make time, other people seem to be able to make time too. I suppose it's contagious in a way. Okay, for those of you who think that yes, Care'n has gone off the deep end, I'll explain.
Have you ever noticed that when someone you care about bumps into you at the store or some place random, when you leave you say something like "Hey, we need to get together!" This hardly ever happens. On the other hand, if you call someone out of the blue and say "Hey, what are you doing right now? Let's do coffee!!" They might hesitate, and start to say, "Gosh I'm really busy." After a moment thought it's likely they will say "You know, I think I can squeeze some time away!" You made the time, and they found the time they thought wasn't there.
So take some time, make some time, and definitely give some time. It all goes by way too fast, and those people you want to get together with, may some day not be there, and then there is no time at all.
Today, I'm giving you a mission: call someone and don't say "Let's get together sometime," but instead say "Let's get together now. Right now."


Merry Christmas!!


Care'n Presents



photo:  artdoms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment