When you need a little Christmas, any time of year,
I have some Care and Presents, some Love and Hope and Cheer.

Friday, October 5, 2012

R is for...




I always feel a little bad when I go for the obvious choice, but what kind of Living Christmas elf would I be if I didn't say that R is for...

Recycling!!

I know some of you might be thinking that recycling is a pain, but depending on where you live, it can be very easy. In our area, we have a special bin that we put all of our cardboard, glass, plastic etc. in an it gets picked up on trash day. Easy, right? But what if you don't have that option? A lot of grocery stores have recycling collections in the parking lot, and you can get money for your recycled items there. Even if you don't have pick up, you don't feel like taking your cans to the store parking lot, or even sorting the stuff in the  first place, there are still things you can do! 
"Reuse-Reduce-Recycle". (All R words too!) Use something more than once. Use that plastic grocery bag as a waste can liner instead of going out and buying a roll of liners. Use the container your sandwich meat came in to put leftovers in.  There are lots of ways to keep our planet green, that aren't really too hard. (Need I mention renting a living Christmas tree instead of a cut tree? Nah, I didn't think so...)

To see how we are keeping green check out:
http://livingchristmas.com/

For more information on recycling:
http://www.epa.gov/osw/conserve/rrr/recycle.htm

photo: openairbigbear.com


Merry Christmas!
Merry Merry!

Care'n Presents

No comments:

Post a Comment